30 Before 30

Okay, guys, I'm ready for a change of pace on here, aren't you? I'm ready to abandon the wedding bubble I've been living in for the past year and jump right back into real life. I might slip here and then, like, when I get my pictures back, but seriously, it's time for something completely different. And here it is...

I am twenty-nine years old. I remember being a little kid and thinking that my mom was ancient at the old age of twenty-seven. Now look at me...I'm ancient and then some! I don't feel ancient; in fact, I feel better than I ever have in my entire life! I guess it's true when they say that 30 is the new 20. They also say that youth is wasted on the young, but I'm on a year-long mission to prove them wrong. I'm young, dammit, and I'm making it a point not to waste anything! And I'm going to document my points here, of course. Yep, you guessed it...I'm doing a 30 Before 30 list.

I know it's tremendously cliche to do these little lists, but what can I say? I like 'em. And I'm doing one. End of story. But I have to warn you now...there's not going to be anything too fancy on this list, sorry. We're pretty simple folks and have pretty simple ways of spending our free time. I hope I don't disappoint you. Well, without further adieu, my little list:

1. Get knocked up.
2. Go camping. Like, for real camping, with bugs and bears and tents.
5. Go to a shooting range...and live to blog about it.
8. Buy (and actually wear) an entirely thrifted outfit.
9. Start a collection (FYI: I hate clutter).
10. Complete a certificate program in Graphic/Web Design.
11. Eat pasta somewhere in Italy (and I don't mean Little Italy).
12. Get paid for my bootleg photography.
13. Have at least half of my book written by 11.11.12.
14. Escape to New Hope, Pennsylvania for a long weekend.
15. Take the 34059825-hour long trip to Fire Island.
16. Host a meetup with my favorite New York City bloggers.
17. Attend some type of Paleo seminar.
18. Register for and run in some type of race thing.
19. Open up an Etsy store for my (hopefully) awesome design work.
20. Knit a blanket for our imaginary child.
21. Find a new job that I honestly like.
22. Hold an official spades tournament at my home.
23. Make a beet dish and actually eat it.
24. Use visiting my brother at college as an excuse to explore Montreal.
25. Wear "real shoes" to work for an entire month.
26. See a production of The New York City Ballet.
27. Have a picnic in Central Park with my Love Cub.
28. Have a cookbook party where we all cook from ONE cookbook.
29. Drive a Vespa and make Wil ride bitch.
30. Pay off my credit cards. All of them.

I know I'm going to be tempted to cross everything off this list by the end of the calendar year, but I'm going to resist the urge for the sake of fun! And for the sake of at least thirty guaranteed-as-interesting (to me) blog posts. As I complete stuff, I'll come back to this original post and add links to the events. I hope my list wasn't too lame because I like it.

MODERN MOM said... November 22, 2011 at 8:20 AM

I think this is great!!! At any age!

Moi said... November 22, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Gorgeous list. I just made a 27 before 27 and I too am resisting the urge to do everything now, now, now. Super excited for you! Look forward to reading about your adventures xo

Vivian said... November 22, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Suggestion is that you run your race before you get knocked up. Since it's on my list, too, you should run the Amazing Race with me. Maybe then you'll get a chance to eat pasta in Italy. In the meantime come to Utah and Wil will have no choice but to not only get on ice skates but ski with the best snow on earth (at least that's what they say...)

Annika said... November 22, 2011 at 8:12 PM

As odd as it sounds... I thing 25 would be the most difficult fo me. I'm a flip flop and ballet flat o holic to the very end.

Suz said... November 23, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Love the list! #3 is a great idea! How fun and yummy! But I think my favorite is #29! You must take pics :)

Caitlin said... November 23, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Good list :) Especially camping! :)

Adventures of a New York Gypsy said... November 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I can help with the entirely thrifted outfit!!

Adventures of a New York Gypsy said... November 23, 2011 at 8:59 PM

I'd love that ^, and excuse for me to put together a new one of my own :p (maybe you'll end up collecting thrift and or vintage clothes, like me, hahahaha. Seriously. It can get addicting) xo

Amy said... November 28, 2011 at 5:28 PM

This is a great list! May inspire me to make one as well! Be careful of the Vespa though. I just got back from a trip with my boyfriend to Vietnam. We rode a Vespa. The one time I decide to drive with him on the back, I made a slight U-Turn and ended up side swiping a fairly high curb. We both fell off. I skinned my knee. It was a memory.

Love your blog BTW!

Mandy said... November 29, 2011 at 3:17 PM

#5 is fun! I'm making it a tradition to go every year for my birthday. I've gone twice. The 2nd time was definitely as scary as the first but it's fun and it's a rush. Start simple :)

Mandy

adietitiangonepaleo said... December 1, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Amazing list, very inspiring! I am working on #10 as well and enrolled in an online one-year course that I have to complete before April! I just finished module 8 (out of 12) and love it! I'm sure you'll be great with all the beautiful work you put on your blog! ;) Good luck!