F@$&%^# Tissue Paper

I'm telling you people, planning a gigantic wedding is no fun. I just wanted to let y'all know that I had another meltdown last night. Let me explain.

Our invitations that were supposed to have been sent out last month got delayed for a couple of reasons. First, the artwork that we used was the wrong size; we had to resize it and submit it again. Then, the printer informed us that we needed a clearance letter from the MTA stating it was okay to use subway images (I can't make this shit up). When I emailed my contact at the MTA (because I have one since our wedding theme is the subway), I found out he was on vacation and wouldn't be back to help me for ten days. And then a hurricane hit the day he came back. Apparently, dealing with a crippled transit system was more important than answering my email. Pfft.

The end result of this little fiasco was that I received my invitations only yesterday, fifty-eight days before our wedding day. The Knot says I shouldn't freak too much because I sent out Save The Dates, but the Wedding Channel thinks I should jump off a bridge. I'm undecided about who to believe. Anyway, the tissue paper...

The finished product
I had to change our RSVP date to October 15th because of our little hiccup. For some reason, my little, baby brain told me that I must get these in the mail today so that our guests have a full month to RSVP. Read that as "Danielle spent four hours stuffing and licking envelopes last night."

After I finished and started cleaning up, I noticed something at the bottom of one of the bags: the fucking tissue paper. I'm so ready for this wedding to be over because, guys...I cried.

I looked at all 119 of those envelopes I had just spent 92385740239857 minutes putting together and wept. How could I have missed that? I mean, I know how I could miss that, but how did I?! I called my mom to hear someone say that it was okay, but she said she wanted her tissue paper the next time I saw her. Seriously, thanks, mom.

I posted a picture of the pile of paper last night and my girl, Nitzalie, came to the rescue. She saw it and texted me IMMEDIATELY telling me that it was okay. When she found out I was actually crying over it, she called me to talk me off a ledge. She made me affirm these things: Our wedding invitations are awesome and everyone throws out the tissue paper after they open the invitations anyway. I still don't buy it completely, but it made me feel a little better. They're going in the mail in less than twelve hours...I guess I'll know soon enough. Did any of you cry over a stupid detail like tissue paper? I can't be alone here.

Deer Donna said... September 15, 2011 at 5:43 AM

i dont get it. what is the tissue paper for? hehe i am so dumb, obviously.

MODERN MOM said... September 15, 2011 at 5:52 AM

Your friend is right no one really notices the tissue paper just think about all the wedding invitations u have receieved did u ever wonder about tissue paper? I know I havent! I had a melt down over candy boxes lets just say those little rhings are not so easy to assembly!

Jennifer said... September 15, 2011 at 8:08 AM

The tissue paper is completely unnecessary these days. It was only meant to help not run ink onto the other papers. I haven't received an invitation with tissue paper like, ever! So seriously I am pretty sure that is a very old fashioned thing to do.

Liv Szari said... September 15, 2011 at 9:39 AM

No worries! Especially about the timing of sending the invites out. I planned my wedding in 2 months, so there was no way those invitations were going to be out when The Knot & all of those other wedding planning sites said they "needed" to be. Our wedding was February 19, we sent the invitations out January 15th, and asked for the RSVPs to be back by February 4th! Haha, it was a little crazy but all 230 people came!

So really, you're right on the ball with things! =) (P.s. I didn't even know that tissue paper was for haha)

Nitzalie said... September 15, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Think Toes;) That Is ALL!

N said... September 15, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Oh Darlin', I'm serious when I say that the people who receive your invitations will be paying attention to the ridiculously cool invitations! They won't even know (unless they're reading this, in which case they'll understand anyway) that there was supposed to BE tissue paper. They won't be able to stop staring at the coolness of the invite. Do not worry about this. It is normal to do so after all the work you've done but let it go now.

Samantha said... September 15, 2011 at 12:48 PM

"...But she said she wanted her tissue paper the next time I saw her." My mother would have said the same damn thing lmao

Sarah O'Holla said... September 15, 2011 at 4:27 PM

This all sounds so familiar- wedding meltdowns suck! Just try to remember what I thought the day after my wedding: all of the meltdowns I had before the actual wedding and all of the things that went wrong on my wedding day (such as a guest shuttle that was 20 minutes late!) did not matter. It was still (and I know this sounds cliche) the best day of my life!

Caitlin said... September 15, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Ah, the wedding meltdown. I agree with your friend - no one remembers the tissue paper!

Kathryn said... September 16, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Yeah, I've never seen a wedding invite with tissue paper. Don't fret! Judging by the picture you posted, the invites are freaking amazing as is.

www.atavisions.com