You Say Martin, I Say Maarten

St. Martin...or St. Maarten.
I think I mentioned it on here, but my Love Cub and I are honeymooning in St. Maarten (or St. Martin)! My mom used her timeshare to book us a week stay at Windham Sapphire Club & Resort from December 17-24, 2011 (pray for us while we're traveling on Christmas Eve). It was super generous of her to pay for our trip and she only wants a small gift in return: A GRANDCHILD.

I know what you're thinking: I thought you were getting married in November. We are, but both of us are going to be in school this fall and we didn't want to miss classes to go on our honeymoon.

We're very excited about this trip, but we have NO IDEA what there is to do in St. Maarten. I'm still very busy with wedding planning, so I was hoping that some of our readers could help us plan our trip. We're up for everything and anything and are not opposed to renting a car while we're there. If you do have suggestions, please leave me links so I can check them out. Have fun playing trip advisor, party people!

Carol said... May 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I've never been to St. Maarten so I know nothing about what to do there. However if you want to make your mom happy you won't have to go any further than your boudoir,...just sayin'! Lol!

Danfredo Rivera said... May 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM

She made sure she got us a suite conducive to baby-making, Carol...hot tub, ocean view, jacuzzi on the balcony. My mom told me she's going to pick us up from the airport with an EPT in hand! LOL

Carol said... May 9, 2011 at 11:58 AM

LMAO!!! That could work! Mom sure knows how to get what she wants!

Alla said... May 9, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Which side are you staying in?
Here's a couple things I did: Scuba diving (try Snuba if that is scary)

There are little local vans that can get you around the island - there is only one road around the island. Its a way to see the local people, but you have to transfer at different locations to get fully around. Locals always can help locate the bus stop.

The coolest thing that I've done there is the nude beach - so if you are feeling adventurous go for it! Its on the french side (Orient beach).

Take a day trip to Saba (haven't done it but my parents did and they enjoyed it).

Otherwise just relax on the beach, the water is amazing!

Alla said... May 9, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Here's a link on most of St martin stuff.
Also.. forgot to mention Maho Beach - you can stand on the beach and have airplane land and take off over your head.

Alla said... May 9, 2011 at 1:40 PM

One more thing - Lunch or Dinner in Marigot on the French side where the Marina is. So nice!