This Is Zumba

With less than six months until our wedding, I've decided to start a SERIOUS workout routine in June to get in shape for the Big Day. Okay, I'm in pretty good shape already, but I just want to tone up a bit. My dress is amazing and it'd be a shame if I ruined it with my flabby woman meat.

I want my hours at the gym to be fun and exciting (shhh, don't ruin this fantasy for me)! I was thinking about new things I could try to get in shape, which reminded me of the first time I went to a Zumba class. I had never taken one before (and haven't since) so my sister/MOH, Natalie, showed me what to expect...

How could I EVER take a Zumba class again, right?! Every time I kick around the idea, I think of Natalie and I die laughing (I usually snort about it, too). Does anyone out there have any fun and exciting bridal bootcamp ideas they'd like to share? Zumba's out for obvious and hilarious reasons.

Melissa Lopez said... May 24, 2011 at 3:17 PM

I LOVE THIS POST. I SAW THE PICS BEFORE BUT THE VIDEO IS JUST TOO FUNNY!

Melissa Lopez said... May 24, 2011 at 3:17 PM

What about kickboxing?

Melissa Lopez said... May 24, 2011 at 3:18 PM

or dance classes at Alvin Ailey? They have hip hop and samba which are crazy!

Kristal said... May 24, 2011 at 4:23 PM

I'm taking an actual bootcamp class :) Don't know if you're interested but IF you are, the site is bootcamprepublic.com. Your place of employment might offer a discount so you should look into that before signing up ;)

Anonymous said... May 25, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Girl I so cannot get use to the idea of aerobic classes including zumba. I use to attend once but since I started running just can't anymore. Well one day I was stretching at the gym after running and all of a sudden there was great music coming out of the aerobic room. Since it is all glass. I started watching the class....I had to turn away to keep stretching. I was laughing so much I couldn't hold a stretch. I could never do Zumba cause if I did I would get a good ab workout from all the laughing but I would miss the whole class. I don't mean to sound mean but I just wouldn't be able to help myself.

Fabulous Life of a SeƱorita said... August 4, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Omg, can your family please adopt me? You guys are too funny, too cute!

However, I've done Zumba and have walked out sweating from head to toe (and I love to dance); I think it's great and your sister definitely make a great SNL skit for it (send it, send it!)

Did you ever try Masala Bhangra?

Yvonne said... November 16, 2011 at 2:17 PM

OMG I never knew you taped this. Too funny.