Paleo Challenge: Bridal Edition

By now you've probably read my Paleo testimonial on Robb Wolf's blog. If you missed it over there, you can catch it here, too. Well, I have a little confession to make, boys and girls...I never did Robb's 30-day meal challenge.

Yes, it's true. The fact is once I read The Paleo Solution, I just kinda took the principles and ran with 'em. For the past nine months, I've been preparing my own delicious meals based on the Paleo rules and both my Love Cub and I have been really happy with the results...but now I want MORE!

Y'all know I have a wedding dress to fit into relatively soon. In fact, I need to bring it in to have it altered within the next 6-8 weeks. I obviously can't show you the dress, but what I can tell you about it is that it's INCREDIBLY unforgiving. If I'm not in my best shape when I slip that bad boy on, I'm in BIG trouble!

On that note, I decided to kick my Paleo game up a notch and actually complete Robb's 30-day meal challenge and share my progress here on the blog. Let's call this the bridal edition, shall we? I'll be starting this Wednesday, June 1, 2011 and continue the challenge through the end of the month. Every Wednesday for the month of June, I'll be posting about my meals and workout routines for the week. At the end of the month, I'll share my stats with y'all. Hopefully they're a little better than these:

Hey, not for nothing, but I used to be close to 200 pounds. I'm REALLY happy with the way I look (and so is my man), but I want to look DYNAMITE on my wedding day! I'm hoping that by being a little more strict with both my food intake and workout regimen and with your weekly support, I'll be able to at least shave off a couple of inches from somewhere this month.

Please follow this here blog and leave me some love on these Paleo posts as I go on yet ANOTHER epic weight loss journey. If you're going on your own online 30-day Paleo challenge and aren't afraid of a little friendly competition, email me your blog/website and I'll link you up on here. I can't wait to see my new, NEW body!

Liz B.B. said... May 31, 2011 at 1:41 AM

hi! random reader over here, linked from robb wolf's site!
i'd love to join you on the 30-day challenge. not looking to really lose weight, per se, but to fully commit just for 30 days to paleo.
my weakness is dark chocolate. my post-put-kids-to-bed treat.
love it.
good luck and i'll be cheering you on! (and joining! june 1st is a great time to start!)

Danfredo Rivera said... May 31, 2011 at 5:44 AM

Yay! Welcome aboard, Liz! Thanks for joining me on this journey...good luck! :-)

Goddess in Blue Jeans said... May 31, 2011 at 8:49 AM

I am starting a paleo/primal challenge on the 1st too...good luck:)

Alla said... May 31, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Way to go Danielle! I'm definitely considering a challenge like this before my wedding.. Looking forward to seeing the results, although I already think you look awesome!

Melissa Lopez said... May 31, 2011 at 7:41 PM

I am curious to learn more as my diet has turned to crap recently with how busy I have become. I need some structure. Either I end up not eating or I end up eating crappy foods cause I am starving . . . last nights meal binge was gross and I ended up with a total tummy ache and headache. I'd like to read the book first. Where can I get it? Also, does the book include the 30-day meal challenge or are they different?

Danfredo Rivera said... May 31, 2011 at 9:22 PM

You can pick up "The Paleo Solution" at Barnes & Noble (at least I did). The 30-day meal plan is in the very last chapter of the book. It's great because you don't even have to think about what to cook; it's all there for you. You can also download a shopping list for each week at www.robbwolf.com. If you have any questions, you can call me (sorry, everyone else). LOL

Melissa Lopez said... June 1, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Thanks. I will get the book tonight.

vibrantsexystrong.com said... June 6, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Visiting from Robb's site. Congratulations on your success! I just linked your story on my PCOS/Paleo blog as well (hope you don't mind). I am participating in your challenge with you and I kinda wish I had a wedding dress to look good in since I finally know what works. Maybe I can convince hubby to renew our vows?