Non-Functional, Functional Pillow

Our ring bearer, Jordan Matthew.
I'm starting to look into all of the smaller details of this wedding. By starting, I mean I just plopped myself in front of a Google search bar today. I decided that the first thing I'd tackle is the Ring Bearer Pillow. Before I typed "Ring Bearer Pillow" into the search field, I thought to myself:

Hey, Self. This isn't going to be so bad. I mean, it's a pillow. It's a tiny piece of fabric stuffed with cotton balls with a little dollar store bow tied around it. How much can it really cost?

And then I hit enter. And got my answer. And threw my new laptop like a discus across my living room. Are these people INSANE?! HOW ON EARTH DO THESE PEOPLE GET OFF CHARGING A GAZILLION FUCKING DOLLARS FOR THESE COTTON STUFFED THINGS?!

This is kinda cute...
It's not even a functional pillow for cryin' out loud! I think I spent less money outfitting my bed with FOUR brand new down pillows! I can't even lay my baby head on it after it makes its trip down the aisle. To be honest, it's probably going to end up in the trash after the wedding because I can't STAND to have keepsakes like that around the house. Don't judge me, okay. I'm just super anal about my apartment's feng shui.

After I calmed down a bit, I started browsing through Etsy for some ridiculous pillow ideas and I did find a couple of items that I liked. This is going to be another thing that I'm going to ask for your help with, friends.

...so is this.
Our theme for the wedding is: The SubwayOur colors are: Navy Blue and BlushThe prominent rose in my bouquet is: Charming Unique (just like me). My dress is: Creamy Ivory.

I think those are the only pieces of information you'll need to aid me in my search for the perfect pillow. Does it even have to be a pillow?! Is it okay to use something like this? ¡Ay├║dame!

Geri said... May 12, 2011 at 8:09 AM

Go to Etsy.com, which I saw you did.

However, since my Ring Bearer cutie patootie is very in to "Treasure Chests", I'm almost considering buying a remade small one and decorating it myself, for him to carry.

Don't feel obligated to use a pillow. Get creative, I know you can do it!

[On a side note, I did all my silly stupid details first. :( ]

Barby said... May 12, 2011 at 2:32 PM

I know it might sound corny... but you can always take lil wooden train (replica).. Add some ribbons.. in a classy way and use it in place of a pillow.. (I can see it in mind but just can't think of how to explain it)LOL That doesn't help you any.
Plus it would be fun for Jordan and something he could use afterward.. Instead of a keepsake for you to keep @ home collecting dust plus cheaper then some of the pillows out there. Just an idea... or using one of the collectable Subway bears holding the rings..
Good Luck... I do also like the pillow in the picture with basket.
Think outside the box. (Wish I could had included pics on here but am unable to..I sent you an email with the pictures )
Keep us posted.

MODERN MOM said... May 12, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Barby comment is on point the little wooden train idea is great! Also you know Third avenue and southern blvd. in the bronx have small party stores that actually have good deals on things like pillows and such for weddings. I know my own wedding we were on a tight budget and those stores came in handy! Also not for nothing but 99 cents stores always have unique finds!

geristruble said... May 13, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Go to Etsy.com, which I saw you did.Type in "Giggle Room", you'll see a beautiful pillow made [Can be custom to your colors I believe] with a tea towel of the month you're marrying in. Heart sewn around the date. I found it in Brides magazine and fell head over heels.
Don't feel obligated to use a pillow. Get creative, I know you can do it!
[On a side note, I did all my silly stupid details first. :( ]

Barby said... May 14, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Ok you say your Wedding Theme is "The Subway".. Without giving away to much how are you bring that into play so far? Just trying to think of a unique way that you might be able to tie it in with the Ring Bearer.... Who is supper cute by the way.. But acourse he is my nephew (lol) so I would think that.

Barby said... May 14, 2011 at 12:32 AM

Good Luck... I do also like the pillow in the picture with basket.
Keep us posted.

MODERN MOM said... May 15, 2011 at 10:22 AM

wilfredo Rivera said... May 16, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Even though they are both cute, I choose the second.