A Head Above The Rest

Okay, I'm about to let you in on a little secret...I bought my wedding dress BEFORE I got engaged. I know what you're thinking: OMG HOW COULD YOU DO THAT ISNT THAT BAD LUCK YOU NEVER SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING SO RIDICULOUSLY STUPID YOU STUPID STUPID GIRL!

Blah, blah, blah. Whatever. I knew that I was going to spend the rest of my life with my Sugar Plum after we spent our first weekend together (which also happened to be the first time we met...don't judge me). So, when I accidentally found my wedding dress at a BCBG boutique during my lunch break last July, there was really no hesitation to buy it. First of all, it was perfect. Second of all, it was SOOO me! Third of all, it was ON SALE! And finally, it was PERFECT (yeah, I said it twice because it just is)! If you see me after reading this post (and are interested, of course), ask me about how I snuck it into the house and kept it hidden from Wil for 2985472038 months.

Dress: check. Shoes (no, you may not see them...now, anyway): check. That's all I need, right? WRONG! Accessories. Ugh. I had no idea that putting the rest of this outfit--the outfit I'm going to be wearing in front of Little Baby Jesus, 4352354 people and 8704708 sets of eyes (check my math, I dare you)-the outfit I'm going to have on my baby body when I tell my baby fiancĂ© that I want to dedicate the rest of my baby life to him and our baby family-would be so difficult! I have NO idea what else to throw on my person for what's only going to be the most IMPORTANT DAY OF MY LIFE!

Two of my girlfriends at work, Tamara Pagan-Sanatore and Nitzalie Garced, have been INCREDIBLY helpful with the girly, fashion stuff that's giving me chest pains. Thanks to Tamara, I know what I want to do with my head. She brought in some magazine clippings from Alyssa Milano's wedding and I fell in LOVE with her whole situation! I decided that I need that hair and that headpiece in my life.

There's only one problem with wanting to recreate Alyssa Milano's head on my wedding day:  I don't have Alyssa Milano's money. I found some bootleg headband thingies on Etsy, but I don't know...it's just not the same. My computer is being gay and won't let me paste the pictures here, so check out these links: 1. Bootleg Band #1; 2. Bootleg Band #2; 3. Bootleg Band #3; 4. Bootleg Band #4; 5. Bootleg Band #5.

Should I settle for a bootleg band or take on a second job for the $239857230857 headpiece? What say YOU, Blogger?!

Rozalin said... February 17, 2011 at 7:03 PM

I like the last head piece but I don't know what the dress looks like... to say yes to it :-/

Rozalin said... February 17, 2011 at 7:03 PM

To be honest with you I was thinking of a head piece too! they have some gorgeous ones on say yes to the dress ♥

Francesca said... February 17, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Ok so I am going to start by saying that I love that you are doing this and I wish I would have done it while I was going through the craziness of my wedding planning! Anyway, I struggled with this same issue. I wanted stuff that cost more than I was willing to pay. It's a really hard choice. Weddings go over budget on so many things that you don't even think about so try to save where you can. With that being said... I say go for the bootleg headpieces. I really liked 2 & 3. Option 2 is pretty close to the more expensive option.

Danfredo Rivera said... February 17, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Thanks, ladies! I think the hardest thing to wrap my fist around is the fact that my accessories are all going to cost more than my dress. My shoes were almost DOUBLE the money! Maybe I should just take a vote on here...what do you think?! LOL

Carol said... February 17, 2011 at 7:14 PM

I like the first one and the last one. That's cool that you found and bought your gown months before the question was popped! Gotta love a confident woman!

Zoe said... February 17, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Given that I know what the dress looks like (buahaha) 1 is my favorite or 5.

Zoe said... February 17, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Just to confuse matters - you could also consider flowers in your hair as a headpiece even, but I do like those bands

Danfredo Rivera said... February 17, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I thought about flowers or a peacock feather, too, Z, but I don't think it's me. Not to mention, I wear a headband almost EVERY DAY! I want to be me on that day...nothing says "me" more than being me (but more shiny). :-)

93e99e50-384c-11e0-ae73-000bcdcb5194 said... February 17, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I love everything about it.

Nitzalie said... February 17, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Love this post;) I like Bootleg Band #1 and Bootleg Band #2;) #2 B/c it's really close to Alyssa Milano's?? But, like I keep saying, you will look amazing in anything you wear!
xoxo

Melissa said... February 18, 2011 at 3:09 AM

EVERYONE STOP!! Just make one, dude. I was looking at the bootleg ones, and although they're really pretty, I can't believe they're asking more than $5 for rhinestone headbands (okay maybe $30 would be more realistic, but they're still assholes by at least $70 and a really inflated sense of crafting). If you're going to end up paying at least $100 or more for a headband, you could use that money and construct your own for the same or less, but it would be closer in quality to Alyssa Milano's.

Get some Swarovski genuine Austrian crystal beads (500 for $45), and a satin ribbon for like . . . -3 cents. And you get this:

shinyshinyshinyshinyshinyshinyshinyshinyshiny

Anyway, you can get the beads here:

Danfredo Rivera said... February 20, 2011 at 8:34 AM

The verdict is in! I had my grandmother and mother-in-law over yesterday and showed them all the headpieces. Like me, they fell IN LOVE with the Alyssa headpiece. They killed the conversation before I was able to click through the Etsy headbands...they want me to look like a princess on my Big Day. A field trip to Kleinfeld is being planned for next week. :-)

Melissa Lopez said... February 20, 2011 at 10:07 AM

So your getting the pricey one? Wow.

Danfredo Rivera said... February 20, 2011 at 11:19 AM